Re: support for 'macro' formatting languages

Subject: Re: support for 'macro' formatting languages
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:39:53 +0000 (GMT)
Pieter Rijken writes:
 > However, since the SGML document actually is an 'article' and the
 > publisher to which I will submit the article, uses LaTeX with the
 > package 'revtex', not uncommon.

my advice: switch to another publish, if they cannot handle SGML/XML.

 > In fact what happened is that I would like jade to generate
 > the document in a 'macro language' like LaTeX with a certain package.

in fact, the same process as HTML output. moral: write another
stylesheet, like the HTML ones have to be

 > What is the best solution? Does anyone have an idea? Any suggestion
 > would help me alot.

I don't think there is a magic bullet. An SGML to LaTeX transformation
is a high-level thing entirely at odds with the philosophy of DSSSL
(and XSL FO). Of course, DSSSL (or XSLT) are good languages for
writing this transformation

My personal solution is to have TeX parse the XML file.

Sebastian