Re: Placing sosofos at page coordinates

Subject: Re: Placing sosofos at page coordinates
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:48:36 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, G Seshadri wrote:

> >DSSSL supports this, through the page-sequence. A page-model would be used
> >with a page region for the envelope window. But, for now, this is only in
> >theory, since Jade/JadeTeX dose not support the page-sequence flow object.
>
> Does anyone support Jade ? I know there is something called OpenJade, but

Yes, there is something called OpenJade, and I am one of the developers,
so I shouldn't really do this typing misstake. Sorry. However, the same
limitation exists in OpenJade as Jade regarding the page feature
(page-sequence, layout-driven generated content, variable headers/footers
etc.)

> are they adding support for more DSSSL features ? what about the back-ends

We are adding more DSSSL features. We've been concentrating more on the
front-end, to get a more complete language implementation.

> like MIF, who is doing the versioning?

There hasn't been any updates (except small user-unvisible ones) to the
MIF backend since OpenJade development started. Anyone have any patches?

More info on OpenJade is available at
http://www.netfolder.com/DSSSL/
and
http://peano.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/jade-cvs/