Re: breakup (was: Issues with literate programming DSSSL Script)

Subject: Re: breakup (was: Issues with literate programming DSSSL Script)
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 15:11:47 -0600
Quoting Simon Pepping <spepping@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 06:23:39PM -0600, Brandon Ibach wrote:
> >
> > (define breakup .......
>
> This is a very useful procedure to break up mixed content nodes. Would
> it not be a good idea to make it part of the procedures library?

   Perhaps, although it would need, at the least, a better name. :)
Tony, whaddaya think?

> > (element scrap
> >   (let loop ((c (breakup)) (r (empty-sosofo)))
> >     (if (null? c) r (loop (cdr c) (sosofo-append r
> >           (if (node-list? (car c)) (process-node-list (car c))
> >               (make formatting-instruction data: (car c))))))))
>
> My SGML backend does not pass on the data; the TeX backend does.

   So, the strings just don't appear at all?  For that matter, how
*could* they show up in the TeX backend, when it doesn't support the
formatting-instruction FO?  Can you clarify this?
   As I mentioned to Mark, I have a simple, but complete, example of
this stuff in action, which I can pass along, if you're interested.

-Brandon :)