Re: Chinese and DSSSL

Subject: Re: Chinese and DSSSL
From: Holger Klawitter <holger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:09:30 +0100
Kent Tong wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I've created an DocBook document containing chinese characters.
> Jade+DSSSL can generate the corresponding .htm file properly, but
> there is something wrong with the .rtf file generated, ie, when
> I open it with (Chinese) Word 95 or the Word Viewer, it shows
> a box in the place of each Chinese character.
>
> Any suggestion on how to deal with the problem? Thanks in advance
> for any info!

AFAIK there are several encoding types for chinese characters around.
It might be possible that you have to select the encoding inside rtf
by hand. You might be able to get these codings from valid chinese
rtf documents.

Regards,
	Holger Klawitter
--
Holger Klawitter                                     +49 (0)251 484 0637
holger@xxxxxxxxxxxx                             http://www.klawitter.de/