Re: XML encoding from a DSSSL stylesheets?

Subject: Re: XML encoding from a DSSSL stylesheets?
From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:06:40 +0100
> I would like to retrieve the encoding declared in the XML Processing
> Instruction, for instance:

> How to do so in DSSSL?
>
> (root
>   (make sequence
>     (literal (encoding-of-document)) ;; ???

Try something like

(literal
   (node-property
      'system-data
      (node-list-first
         (node-property
           'prolog
           (current-root)))))

Note that you will have to do some string processing to get only
the encoding name. The above will give you everything between
PIO (ie <?) and PIC (ie ?>).

Note also that your root rule creates an invalid FOT, which would
make OpenJade unhappy. You need something like

(root (make simple-page-sequence (make paragraph
   (literal ...)
)))

--
Matthias Clasen,