Re: Binding offsets?

Subject: Re: Binding offsets?
From: G.B.Stott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:53:04 +0000
Hi there,

Many thanks to those who replied. Before I wrote, part of me felt like
Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> who said:

>    Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain this can only be done with the
> page-sequence flow object, using alternating page models for front and
> back pages.

However, headers (and footers) could be different on odd and even pages with
simple-page-sequence. Also the DSSSL standard itself has a binding offset so
I was hopeful. Obviously the standard cannot have been produced with the
tools available to me.

Before starting with Jade/DocBook/DSSSL, I had a method of creating binding
offsets. I use Linux rather than Windows and TeX/Postscript rather than RTF.
For viewing, I create the Postscript form of the whole document and view it
using gv; for printing, I first print even pages as they are and then print
odd pages with an offset using the -O option to dvips. I still use dvips so
I'll simply revert to my old method.

Thanks again for the help. The submissions have increased my understanding
of what can and can't be done within DSSSL.

Barrie.