Translating header information between XML files with Jade

Subject: Translating header information between XML files with Jade
From: Thomas_M_Magee@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:41:37 -0500
Hi all,

I am relatively new to jade, and I am trying to write DSSSL style sheets for an
XML to XML transformation using jade.  My question is, is there any way to
handle the translation of the file header information between XML documents?

For example, if I have the following XML document,

     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
     <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//Vanguard//DTD Extended DocBk30 Full Speech
V1.0//EN" "file:///s:/.../vanguard.dtd">

     <article>
     <artheader>
     <title>Investing... </title>
     </artheader>
     </article>

I know how to process the various elements in the document, but is there any
simple way in the DSSSL style sheet to translate the header information when you
generate the new XML document?  What would I write in the style sheet if I
wanted the header information to look like this in the new document:

     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
     <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//Vanguard//DTD Extended DocBk30 New Full Speech
V1.0//EN" "file:///s:/.../new_vanguard.dtd">

It would be easy to write a perl script to do this, I know, but I was wondering
if this could be handled on the style sheet level.

Thanks,

Tom Magee