sythetic procedure names

Subject: sythetic procedure names
From: Holger Klawitter <holger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 14:34:30 +0200
Hi,

is there any way to get the value which is bound to a name if I have
the name as a string value? (I don't care about dynamic, lexical or
global-only context :-)

The task is to write a function like this
	(define (dispatch x y) ((string-append x "-" y)))
which apparently does not work as a string is not a function object
and ist not being looked up. (even symbols aren't).
As I have 8 tifferent values for x and 12 for y I would like to find
a better way than having to write a nested cond with 96 cases :-)

Regards,
	Holger Klawitter
--
Holger Klawitter                                    +49 (0)251 484 0637
holger@xxxxxxxxxxxx                            http://www.klawitter.de/