Re: Space preserving

Subject: Re: Space preserving
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 13:07:31 -0400 (EST)
At 27 Apr 2000 16:07 +0200, Jany Quintard wrote:
 > 2. Where are useful things such as "\no-break-space;" described ?
 >   I found this by browsing the archive. It is not in my version of the
 >   spec. I assume there must exist some "\line-end" or something like that.

The names are based on the Unicode Standard and ISO/IEC 10646
character names -- just downcase the Unicode (and English-language
version of ISO/IEC 10646) character names and replace spaces with
dashes.

Jade doesn't support named references to every Unicode character, but
it does support numeric references of the form #\U-xxxx, where xxxx is
the hexadecimal character number.

You can get the list of Unicode character names and numbers from the
Unicode Character Database files that you can download from
http://www.unicode.org or you can buy the Unicode Standard book.

Dan Speck wrote a stylesheet for finding all of the named characters
that Jade knows about, but right now I don't know where you could find
it.

There's also a section on DSSSL in my book, "Unicode: A Primer" (ISBN:
0-7645-4625-2).

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632