Re: per-page images in print documents

Subject: Re: per-page images in print documents
From: "Christof Drescher" <drescher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 12:04:05 +0200
Hi,

just to make sure I understand your problem:

You'd like to have an image on every page on the left side, while the text
flows on the right side, correct?

My question is: Is it always the same image to be displayed on every page,
or are these different images for each page (e.g. related to the text
content)?

For the latter, it would almost be impossible for automatic formatting on
per-page basis I assume, and it would require standard manual layouting.

For the first case, you could use the header/footer-lines to have an image
displayed on every page which fills the whole page and have the actual
content take a smaller column on the right side; yet, I don't know if any
other backend (other than mine) supports such a weird construct. You can try
though; I could provide an example if you need - but don't make it urgent
then, please... :-)

The behavior of tables, their wrapping around pages etc. seems not to be
defined to closely in the standard's text; I doubt you can make it work with
them in a general manner. After all, this seems to be another thing for the
complete page-sequence ...

Hope it helps,
Christof Drescher
Pro Image GbR, Marburg, Germany