Re: problem with Jade

Subject: Re: problem with Jade
From: Carlos Villegas <cav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 14:02:47 +0900

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Prapoorna Garimella <prapoo@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >     I'm in a worst situation and I couldn't think of any other alternative
> > other than sending you a mail regarding the problem that I'm facing with
> > Jade.I'm attaching the zipped file that I downloaded for unix version
> > along with this mail.I couldn't get it compiled even on the gcc 2.8.1
> > version which you mentioned would work.The error it throws is as follows:
> >
> > CharsetInfo.cxx: In method `UnivCharsetDesc::UnivCharsetDesc(const class
> > UnivCharsetDesc &)':
> > CharsetInfo.cxx:138: Internal compiler error.
> > CharsetInfo.cxx:138: Please submit a full bug report to
> > `bug-g++@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'.
> [...]
> > Note: Can you suggest a solution other than upgrading the g++ compiler as
> > it is not feasible at our school at the end of the semester?
>
> Obviously, this is a compiler bug you are hitting and cannot be solved
> by any other way than replacing the compiler, I think.

I seem to remember that if you compile that particular file without
optimizations
(don't include the -O2 option) it works. You can just go to the
directory where it
is and issue the compile command line for that file, you can copy it
from the
make invocation and remove the -O2 option, then go back to the base
directory
and run make again.

Hope this helps,

Carlos Villegas