Re: Filtering nodes on other attributes

Subject: Re: Filtering nodes on other attributes
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 16:04:51 -0500
Quoting Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>     (element chapter
>       (if STATUS
>           (if (equal? STATUS (attribute-string "status"))
>               ($component$) (empty-sosofo))
>           ($component$)))

   This might be a little simpler:
	(define STATUS #f)
	(element chapter
	  (if (or (not STATUS) (equal? STATUS (attribute-string "status")))
	      ($component$) (empty-sosofo)))

> and for the most part, this works ... the only problem is the
> generated HTML TOC has a lot of dead links (but I can probably live
> with that for a while)

   I'm not quite sure where to start with this, as I'm somewhat
unfamiliar with Docbook markup, but start by identifying which element
in your document is triggering the generation of the TOC, find its
rule in the stylesheets, and work your way down the function calls to
find an appropriate spot to insert a test similar to the one above.

-Brandon :)