docbook-stylesheet: No links on unselected TOCs

Subject: docbook-stylesheet: No links on unselected TOCs
From: Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 May 2000 11:57:43 -0400
This is just a short naive question enroute to my figuring out how to
keep from generating HTML links to pages I don't generate.

Looking in the dbautotoc.dsl of Norm's docbook-stylesheets, I found
the following construct which seems to be a candidate for being
overridden to do what I want, but I don't quite understand the code
here.  Why is there the (and #f (not...))?  Does this not force a
false result to the (if ..)?

      ;; If the tocentry isn't in its own
      ;; chunk, don't make a link...
      (if (and #f (not (chunk? tocentry)))
          (element-title-sosofo tocentry)
          (make element gi: "A"
            attributes: (list
                 (list "HREF"
                       (href-to tocentry)))
            (element-title-sosofo tocentry)))

Is there an RNA pill or injection you can take that sets all this
stuff into your cerebral synapses? ;)  I thought not.

My current line of reasoning is to wrap an (if) around the (make...)
clause to extract some as-yet unknown property of the tocentry that
leads me back to the chapter status attribute.  Shhhh ... don't tell
me if I'm on the right track, I'm having fun.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@xxxxxxxxxx>  TeleDynamics Communications Inc