Output a line-break in an ASCII file

Subject: Output a line-break in an ASCII file
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 12:04:34 +0200 (CEST)
Hi all
I am using Openjade to output an ASCII file used by a java applet to
display a dynamic table of content in an HTML file.
The file shall have the following format :

<1>Welcome<F1><sdswelcome.html>
<1>How to...<F1>
 <2>Get acquainted<F2>
   <3>Welcome to Studio 3.0<F3><sdsstart.html>
   <3>What's new<F3><sdsstart.html#whatsnew>
   <3>What your team can do<F3><sdsstart.html#cando>
   <3>What's in Studio<F3><sdsstart.html#tools>

It is quite easy using (literal ...) in the SGML backen.
I obtain this :
<1>Data Elements - Tab<F1><segww1d--.htm>??<2>Data Elements - List<F2><segwt1l--.htm>??<2>Data Element -
Definition<F2><segee10--.htm>

As you can see, my problem is how do I break lines ?
The ouptput I get now has only one line.
I wonder if there is a simple solution in the stylesheet. I can naturally
use a shell (sed, awk etc...), but I would rather use a dsssl only
solution, if there is one.
I did not find any entity character for the line break in Dan speck's
directory (I suppose that it is normal, the end of a line being not really
a character) nor in the archive.
Any idea ?

Jany