Re: Bookmark generation with modular stylesheets and pdfjadetex

Subject: Re: Bookmark generation with modular stylesheets and pdfjadetex
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:50:17 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 31 May 2000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Lorand Bruhacs writes:
>  > Certainly I didn't mean to say anything nasty about DSSSL or jadetex ;-)
>
> feel free to ...
>
>  > I use jade's TeX backend with DocBook stylesheets and then process the
>  > output with pdfjadetex to produce a PDF file. However the file contains
>  > no bookmarks (it would be nice to have bookmarks for ToC entries).
>  > How can this be done?

The code I am using seems to work (but not here !), so maybe you
can derive something from it :

;; This declares a heading level 0 for pargraph. They will be output
;; as body.
(declare-characteristic heading-level
   "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Characteristic::heading-level" 0)
.../...

;; For paragraphs in ToC, I give a value to heading-level (the depth of
;; division <d> element containing the title. The pargarph is treated
;; as a heading of this level (1<= level <=9) in Word and PdF.
  (element (dprolog titleblk title)
    (let* ((niveau (length (hierarchical-number-recursive "d")))
           .../...)
      (make paragraph heading-level: niveau
   .../...

> Add HeadingLevel attributes for the blocks which form the
> section headings. See the original James Clark documentation
The documentation is maybe a little elliptic.

Hope it helps.

Note : docbook stylesheets use a boolean to decide if there is a heading
level or not.