Re: Differences between backends.

Subject: Re: Differences between backends.
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:05:21 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 31 May 2000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Jany Quintard writes:
>  > .../...
>  > but the bookmarks
>  > are OK, except thatI would like to see more (the sublevels too)
> so put them in... the .tex file you sent had HeadingLevel attributes
> on two elements only
>
>  > stylesheet, I give a heading calculated with the depth of the <d>
>  > element.
> your algorithm must be screwed
Maybe. It seems to work in RTF, but, that is not important. I will check
this afterwards.
The point is : it works.

>  > But, there must be a difference between your PDF and mine,
>  > because yours opens with the bookmarks immediately visible
> odd. hyperref defaults to that behaviour
OK

>  > It seems that the problem is after the building of TeX, since you can
>  > process my TeX file.
>  > I wonder if Lorand is not having the same problem ?
>
> possibly. maybe you dont have the current jadetex (2.19)?
Maybe I have to upgrade ?
My sysop says we have 2.7. The last *instable* version we can get seems
to be 2.18.
Can you tell me if the 2.7 was able to process the bookmarks ?

BTW, how can I have the version number. If I type something like:
$(which jadetex) -version
or
$(which pdftex) --version

I get the whole TeX's pedigree (pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159-0.13d ...)
but not what I am looking for.

Thanks anyway. Jany.