Re: Breaking a docbook into subdirectories?

Subject: Re: Breaking a docbook into subdirectories?
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 14:53:11 -0500
Quoting Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> This may be a docbook-specific thing, but perhaps not: I would like
> to release individual chapters of my book as seperate web projects
> and while I've learned to generate individual chapters, I wonder if
> it is possible to modify the stylesheets to automate the process
> and preserve xrefs.
>
> Ideally, what I'd like is to have the HTML for each chapter generated
> into its own subdirectory off the main directory for the book so
> cross references and indexes throughout the book would need to
> include this next-level of path information.  Is this easily doable?

   As I recall, Norm's stylesheets have functions that get called
every time a filename is needed.  So, you'd just have to provide
custom versions of these functions in your customization layer.  I
know these are documented somewhere, possibly in the main
documentation that now comes with the sheets.  If not, let me know and
I'll see if I can dig it up.

-Brandon :)