Re: HTML to PDF, by way of DSSSL ?

Subject: Re: HTML to PDF, by way of DSSSL ?
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:48:36 -0500
Quoting Floyd Maxwell <floyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> My goal is to automatically generate a PDF after a user
> has visited a web site and got a set of result pages.
>
> It has been suggested that I go the route of:
>   HTML -> DSSSL
>   DSSSL (with Jade?) -> PDF
>
> Where do I start?  Are there HTML to DSSSL converters?

   Well, first of all, you wouldn't translate HTML to DSSSL, you'd
translate HTML to PDF *using* DSSSL, just as you could do the
translation using (a program written in) C.
   If you just want to convert an HTML document to PDF, there are some
DSSSL stylesheets for HTML already available which should do a
sufficient job.  Is this what you're after, or did you have something
else in mind?

-Brandon :)