Re: Adding information to page footer

Subject: Re: Adding information to page footer
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:05:13 -0500
Quoting Lorand Bruhacs <bruhacs@xxxxxxxx>:
> I want to define a function for element "releaseinfo" that
> takes the data in current-node and stores it to a global variable.
> The function looks like:
>
> (element releaseinfo
>    (let %revision-control-id% (data current-node))
>    (empty-sosofo))
>
> ..which is syntactically correct but doesn't produce the
> desired result.

   It *is* syntactically correct for Scheme, but not for DSSSL.  DSSSL
is "side-effect free", which, among other things, means that you can
only define global variables at the top level, and not inside element
rules or functions.
   You just need to replace your references to %revision-control-id%
with an appropriate query expression.  To make it easy, you could
define a function that returns the releaseinfo data and just use that
function where needed.

-Brandon :)