page-number-restart?: and page-number-format:

Subject: page-number-restart?: and page-number-format:
From: jany.quintard@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 16:06:26 +0200 (MEST)
Hi all.

I posted a message with the following object some weeks ago :
Differences between PDF and RTF output.
. The result was that I updated my package (TeX+jadeTeX+pdfTeX) with good
results.
Thanks a lot to Sebastian Rahtz.

But I am still having some difficulties.
First, the page-number-restart does not apparently work with the PDF output. In
RTF, page numbers restart from one after the end of the table of contents.
The same with nomber format. The TOC should have roman digits (it has in the RTF
file).

I suppose that the two problems are related and that I made something wrong.
It seems that the RTF backend can give apparently good results with poor code,
while the PDF needs better DSSSL code.

Does anyone have a clue ?
Jany.