Re: jadetex/tex: capacity exceeded error

Subject: Re: jadetex/tex: capacity exceeded error
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:13:45 +0100 (BST)
Deborah Greenberg Lidl writes:
 > - Ran tex with the jadetex macro package:
 > 	% tex "&/home/src/jadetex/jadetex" guide

I _think_ this is the mistake. i do not think it picks up the
*.jadetex values in the texmf.cnf, because the name is "tex". try

 tex -fmt=jadetex -progname=jadetex guide

better, link "virtex" to "jadetex" and do
 jadetex guide

(put jadetex.fmt in the web2c directory, of course)

even better, get the <a href="http://www.tug.org/texlive";>TeX Live
5</a> CD-ROM, where it all just `works'
 >   I suspect that something hasn't been updated to take advantage of
 >   the new *.hugelatex and *.pdfjadetex settings.
you have to realize that TeX main way of grabbing values from
texmf.cnf is on the basis of the _name by which the TeX program is
called_, which in your case was "tex"

sebastian