RE: index in docbook

Subject: RE: index in docbook
From: Pieter Rijken <pieter.rijken@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 21:21:32 +0200
Hello,

> / Pieter Rijken <pieter.rijken@xxxxxx> was heard to say:
> | elements? The perl program collateindex.pl seems to work only for HTML.
>
> Read the notes again, you have to use the HTML stylesheet to generate
> the indexing data, but you can actually format the resulting index
> with the print stylesheets.
[Pieter Rijken]
I must have been to quickly with giving up. I did read the notes, and did
use the html
stylesheet to generate the (default) file HTML.index. The perl program
produced
an SGML document instance with document instance 'index'. This is fine and
precisely what I need, since I can include the latter in the
<book>...</book>.

But I saw in the generated index file 'ulink' elements with attributes
pointing to
the generated HTML files! Therefore I thought that this procedure only works
for HTML.
Apparently, I overlooked something. I will look at it again and with more
care :-)

It's never a good thing to try to do as much as possible on a Friday
afternoon!! :-)

thank you for your reply, have a nice weekend,

pieter

[Pieter Rijken]  P.S. When within our company we plan to publish product
documentation
with DocBook and OpenJade, is it possible to get/buy support on both? Is
there a license
fee involved?