Re: orphan-count widow-count

Subject: Re: orphan-count widow-count
From: "Christof Drescher" <drescher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 16:59:23 +0200
Hi!

Jany Quintard wrote:
>In the spec (12.6.6. Paragraph Flow Object Class) I find this :
>widow-count:  is a positive integer specifying the minimum number [...]
>orphan-count:  is a positive integer specifying the minimum number of [...]
>But this does not seem to work when I output PDF files. I browsed the
>archive and Norman Walsh stylesheets, looking for orphan and widow,
>but did not find any hints. I looked at the current Jade limitations
>too, without success.
>Is someone using these characteristics ?
>How does it work ?

As always, I'm a litte off side, but the characteristics work perfectly
outputting to the fot backend, which is what I use as input for my fot2pdf
formatter. This formatter does indeed use these characteristics and heeds
them like expected.

So if it does not work in the other backends, one should take a look at
them; the DSSSL part of JADE itself isn't to blame...

Greetings,

Christof