Re: Jade on Debian problem

Subject: Re: Jade on Debian problem
From: adam@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 15 Oct 2000 18:49:47 -0400
hoenicka_markus <hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> while I'm happily using my homegrown OpenJade/JadeTeX etc. setup on WinNT,
> I see some problems with the prepackaged stuff from Debian. As Jade is not
> even mentioned in this year's archive of the debian-user list, I hope to
> find an answer in this list.

You should submit a bug against jade or openjade.

> My system is Debian 2.2 freshly installed from CD on two different boxes. I
> tested both the latest stable and the latest unstable (from the web)
> releases of Jade, DocBook, DocBook stylesheets, and sgml-data.
>
> Regardless of the backend, a DocBook document (3.1 or 4.1, doesn't matter)
> translated with Jade  using  the DocBook stylesheets will result in:
>
> jade:E: cannot find "unicode.sd"; tried "/usr/lib/sp/unicode/unicode.sd",
> "/usr/local/share/sgml/unicode.sd", "/usr/local/lib/sgml/unicode.sd",
> "/usr/lib/sgml/unicode.sd"
> jade:(invalid location):E: invalid default SGML declaration
>
> The transformed documents turn out ok though.
>
> unicode.sd is in fact missing from the system. Do I need any packages which
> are not included in the Jade dependencies? Or is there some handywork
> required?

I build docbook all the time and never have seen this error.

Again, please file a bug against jade, and provide the source SGML
file and any other stuff I need to be able to reproduce this.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>