Re: DocBook -> Jade -> RTF: lists as RTF lists?

Subject: Re: DocBook -> Jade -> RTF: lists as RTF lists?
From: David Miller <dmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:32:55 -0500
Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> David Miller writes:
>  > I need the RTF document produced by the Jade RTF backend to have lists
>  > as true RTF lists, so that when users edit the RTF document, they get
>  > automatic list renumbering, etc.  Now, itemizedlists and orderedlists
>  > are just specially formatted regular paragraphs, as opposed to true RTF
>  > lists.
>  >

> You cannot do it, without extensions to DSSSL. There are no flow
> objects which you can hang onto.  Look at the heading-level extensions
> in Jade, to see how it could be done.
>
> Sebastian

OK, I am now figuring out what it takes to implement a new flow object,
but I'm not making too much headway.  Where is a good place in the
source code to start looking?  Basically I'm trying to understand the
path from sosofo to RTF output.  I'm guessing that each SGML node raises
some event in the FOTBuilder, and each individual FOTBuilder (RTF, MIF,
etc) implements the events according to the DSSSL sosofo.  What I can't
quite make out yet is just exactly how this happens... Any help or
guidance would be very helpful!!

Thanks,
Dave