Re: End tag existance

Subject: Re: End tag existance
From: "Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor" <roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:09:28 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Tony Graham wrote:

> At 12 Oct 2000 16:28 -0400, Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor wrote:
>  > Even better, is there a way to determine if an element's content type is
>  > EMPTY or not, and whether end tags must be ommitted in this case or not.
>
> (node-property "must-omit-end-tag?" node)
>
> >From "SGML Identity Transformation" in the DSSSL Cookbook:

Thanks this is perfect.

My friend and I have been trying out various methods of producing an HTML
table schedule from some other more natural representation.  So I have a
DSSSL program that takes a SGML file that marks up events, and produces an
HTML table from it.

Would this be something that the DSSSL Cookbook would be interested in?

We also have a vague HaXml[1] program that does something similar, but I
suspect the DSSSL Cookbook is less interested in this.

[1]<http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/HaXml/>

--
Russell O'Connor
``Paradoxically, a refusal to `put a monetary value on life' means that