Re: Beginner Question: Insert contents of element in running head

Subject: Re: Beginner Question: Insert contents of element in running head
From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Oct 2000 16:18:24 +0200
Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> the engine may be, but the stylesheets might not. `traditional' TEI
> has case insensitive tags, so you may end up with <DIV> where the
> stylesheets expect <div>

In this case AF should be trivial?

>  > For simple TEI documents ("papers") it should work to do Architectural
>  > Forms Processing and to use the DocBook DSSSL stylesheets to produce the
>  > RTF/PS and HTML.
>
> er, sure.... just show us again the AF specification to map TEI to
> DOCBOOK?

Intentionally, I said "simple TEI documents".

>  > Reminder: DSSSL is an ISO standard while XSL is a ...  verbose language.
>
> reminder: DSSSL has never been fully implemented, and is only useable
> at all with one unsupported program.

I'm not sure whether XSL(T) has better support at the moment -- but
don't take me wrong: I do appreciate your XSL efforts a lot (passivetex,
XSL stylesheets for online display and for printing)!

--
Linux Frechet 2.2.16 #1 Wed Aug 2 20:05:39 GMT 2000 i686 unknown
  4:12pm  up 26 days,  1:40, 11 users,  load average: 1.14, 1.09, 1.06