Re: Beginner problem

Subject: Re: Beginner problem
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:31:07 -0500
Quoting janusz.prusaczyk@xxxxxx <janusz.prusaczyk@xxxxxx>:
> I did it step by step with a book. You have seen the result. Today I did it
> again according to Marcus' tutorial
> (http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/ntsgml.html). I
> have run openjade on his example. I got the same result - no formatting,
> same error messages. Do you have some other tips?

   Unfortunately, I do not have OpenJade running on a Windows
platform.  However, I *can* tell you what I needed to do to get your
example files to run cleanly through the (somewhat older) version of
Jade that I have on my Linux box, here.
   First, you need to fix the missing quote mark at the end of the
color space (define) near the top (line 3, to be exact).  Also, on
your command line, drop the "-wxml" and add a reference to xml.dcl
(found in the pubtext directory of the OpenJade distribution) right
before your XML file.  With these changes, it ran without errors on my
system, and generated what looked to be a proper RTF file (didn't
actually load it up to see how it looked, just scanned the raw RTF to
make sure there were plenty of formatting tags).
   Hopefully, this will get you the result you need, even if it
doesn't fix the underlying problem of useless error messages.

-Brandon :)