Re: dsssl contractors?

Subject: Re: dsssl contractors?
From: "Shawn O. McKenzie" <shawnm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:45:33 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Nik Clayton wrote:

> Not contract work per se, but don't you have Ceren Ercen and Greg Lehey
> working with you?

Nice. Yeah, I know them both. I don't get to see Greg much because he is
in our austrailia office. All the oz guys are so sharp.

> I know both of them via the FreeBSD project (I'm the doc. project manager).
> Feel free to bounce questions off me.  I can't guarantee I'll be able to
> answer them, but we did produce a publishable version of the FreeBSD
> handbook (which is in DocBook) using DSSSL, so we're doing something right
> :-)

Well, I found someone who is going to modify the nwalsh stylesheets for us
so they will look like we want. If you have any insight on converting
between Framemaker and SGML that would be great. I keep seeing references
to it, but have not found anyone who has actually done it. Othere than
that I think we have the toolchain figured out (jade, sgmltools-lite,
jadetex, pdfjadetex, etc.) but that was a long road. The docs for are
these are sparse and there are many pieces to the puzzle. I'd like to
contribute back when I cat.. maybe write man pages for jade & maybe do a
complete install howto that covers everything.  For now I'm just trying to
figure out psgml mode for emacs. I just need to add a load-path variable
to my .emacs file, but I haven't found a clear example of how to do that
yet. Once we have the tools working I want to really learn dsssl...

Thanks for your input. What tools do you all use?

Shawn O. McKenzie, Trainer/Courseware Development
smckenzie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.linuxcare.com/
Office:415-354-4292 Cell:415-637-5029
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.