Re: (dsssl) DSSSL stylesheet for xsl fo

Subject: Re: (dsssl) DSSSL stylesheet for xsl fo
From: Carlos Villegas <cav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:41:43 +0900
Hi,

Jade has an FOT backend that produces an XML representation of the
output DSSSL FO tree. It seems to me that it shouldn't be difficult to
transform that to XSL FO. Maybe that is what you mean? Since this is a
XML to XML transformation, you can use a DSSSL stylesheet or XSLT or any
other tool for that. Better yet, to add a new backend to jade that
produces XSL FO. I think DSSSL FO and XSL FO are close enough (at least
to what jade supports) that it shouldn't be difficult to map from one to
the other.

Carlos Villegas