(dsssl) Japanese and OpenJade

Subject: (dsssl) Japanese and OpenJade
From: jany.quintard@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:53:14 +0100

Something new, for me anyway.
I am trying to use openjade to produce HTML pages in japanese. The input is
 an SGML file whose content has been translated to double-byte code.
I tried to process it with the appropriate (it is what I believed) SGML
declaration, but there is a lack somewhere, for I get a series of error
messages such as :

openjade:/xo/vpp/sgml-dev/dcl/japan.dcl:391:29:E: there is no unique
character in the internal character set corresponding to character number
129 in the syntax reference character set
which refer to :

FUNCTION
     RE   13
     RS   10
     SPACE     32
     TAB  SEPCHAR   9 -- SGMLS only supports the RCS --
     SS081X   MSSCHAR 129
     SS082X   MSSCHAR 130
     SS083X   MSSCHAR 131

Any hint would be *very* appreciated.
TIA. Jany.

Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of IBM.
Jany Quintard - IBM Paris Laboratory - Application & Integration Middleware
 Division