(dsssl) Japanese and openjade

Subject: (dsssl) Japanese and openjade
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 08:25:34 -0500
To: dssslist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc: quintard.j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:08:19 +0100
Subject: Japanese and openjade

Hi all.
I am trying to use openjade to produce HTML pages in japanese. The input is
an SGML file whose content has been translated to double-byte code.
I tried to process it with the appropriate (it is what I believed) SGML
declaration, but there is a lack somewhere, for I get a series of error
messages such as :

openjade:/xo/vpp/sgml-dev/dcl/japan.dcl:391:29:E: there is no unique
character in the internal character set corresponding to character number
129 in the syntax reference character set
which refer to :

FUNCTION
     RE   13
     RS   10
     SPACE     32
     TAB  SEPCHAR   9 -- SGMLS only supports the RCS --
     SS081X   MSSCHAR 129
     SS082X   MSSCHAR 130
     SS083X   MSSCHAR 131

Any hint would be very appreciated.
TIA. Jany.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of IBM.

Jany Quintard - IBM Paris Laboratory
Application & Integration Middleware Division