(dsssl) Color in section titles and tables in print stylesheet

Subject: (dsssl) Color in section titles and tables in print stylesheet
From: Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 15:33:27 -0500
Hi,

I'm a bit new to fiddling with the stylesheets, and am having trouble figuring out how to get color to work in section titles and in tables for PDF output.

I found a couple of somewhat similar discussions in the archives, but I couldn't seem to make either suggestion work in my custom stylesheet...

I'm using the modular stylesheets v1.61, and here is the relevant portion of my custom dsl, wrt color titles and the three modifications I've attempted with no success:

;; define the colors I'll be using
(define colorspace (color-space
                    "ISO/IEC 10179:1996//Color-Space Family::Device RGB"))
(define color-red   (color colorspace 1 0 0))
(define color-green (color colorspace 0 1 0))
(define color-blue  (color colorspace 0 0 1))
(define color-black (color colorspace 0 0 0))

;; Try 1
(define title-style
  (style
   color: color-red
   font-family-name: %title-font-family%
   font-weight: 'bold
   quadding: 'start))

;; Try 2
(define ($lowtitlewithsosofo$ tlevel sosofo)
  (let ((hs (HSIZE (- 3 tlevel))))
    (make paragraph
          color: color-red
          font-family-name: %title-font-family%
          font-weight: 'bold
          font-size: hs
          line-spacing: (* hs %line-spacing-factor%)
          space-before: (* hs %head-before-factor%)
          space-after: (* hs %head-after-factor%)
          start-indent: %body-start-indent%
          quadding: 'start
          keep-with-next?: #t
          heading-level: (if %generate-heading-level% (+ tlevel 2) 0)
          sosofo)))

;; Try 3
(mode title-mode
  (element title
     (make sequence
        color: color-red
  (process-children))))

None of these changes has any impact on the output...Though I know my stylesheet customization layer is being used, because a bunch of other changes from the default are working fine.

Anyone have any idea where I'm going wrong? Any pointers to help me make it work in my lifetime? I'd also like to get table cell background colors, but I haven't even attempted to tackle that one yet...

Thanks!
                                  --
                     Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                 Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances