RE: (dsssl) referent

Subject: RE: (dsssl) referent
From: "Maltby, David G" <david.g.maltby@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 07:02:28 -0400
> From: Russell O'Connor [mailto:roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> What exactly does (referent nl) return?

Returns the mapping over nl of the function on a node that returns the value
that the node exhibits for the property referent or an empty node-list if
the node does not exhibit a value or exhibits a null value for referent.
[hacked from ISO 10179 10.2.3]

The property referent is defined in the SGML Property Set [ISO 10179 9.6 or
http://www.hytime.org/materials/sgmlpropset/overview.htm] as:
<propdef irefnode rcsnm=referent datatype=node ac=element cn=attvaltk
clause="79403">
<when>Declared value is IDREF or IDREFS.

I don't know if (referent nl) is implemented in [Open]Jade. I greped Norm's
Modular DocBook style sheets and found that he did not find an occasion to
use it.

Hope this helps, David