Re: (dsssl) Character-Styles in RTF

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Character-Styles in RTF
From: Gershon L Joseph <gershon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 13:49:28 +0200 (Jerusalem Standard Time)
Lukas,

The RTF back-end supports only local formatting - no styles. We would
probably have to modify the back-end to support this, and none of the
developers sees this as an important issue (me included). The reason is
that the RTF output is indended for ouput, i.e. delivery of the XML in a
human-readable format. The RTF output is not intended to provide
interchange between XML/SGML and Word, such that authors could readily
continue to work with the document in Word.

I use Omnimark to go from XML/SGML to RTF with paragraph and character
styles, but with Omnimark's change in product and pricing policy, you have
to pay for the latest version, and it's a GUI-only (not batch) product
unless you purchase a server, which is much more expensive...

Sorry, not the answer you hoped for, but HTH.

Gershon