re: (dsssl) Character-Styles in RTF

Subject: re: (dsssl) Character-Styles in RTF
From: "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 00:37:22 -0700
At 12:56 16-05-2001, Wroth, Mark wrote:
AFAIK, there is no way to do this.  I'd love to be proved wrong; it would be
useful to me if I was.

Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 18:16:40 +0200
From: "Lukas Pietsch" <pietsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: (dsssl) Character-Styles in RTF

I'm storing some documents in XML and I'm using Jade to output them in
either RTF or Html. I wonder if it is possible to make Jade export some
formatting information in the form of RTF "character-styles" (with entries
in an RTF \stylesheet) instead of mere font formatting commands.

I believe Mark is correct. To do this in MIF output, I had to generate the entire MIF document as text strings (using literal flow objects). You could do something similar with RTF, but it's a huge PITA. Just to get IPA characters, you might be able to either use the Unicode codes for those characters, or just make sure you set the font properly in your flow objects.

HTH,
Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, XML Consultant