Re: (dsssl) Vertical alignment of table cell contents

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Vertical alignment of table cell contents
From: Lane Stevens <lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:34:16 -0600
Thank you for your quick reply!  Actually, for reasons that I don't understand
(even though I am the one that did it), I have extended the Docbook
stylesheets to create a proposal template.  In so doing, I have customized
the title page in the customization stylesheet.  The table is created in
dsssl, not sgml/xml markup.

(make table
	blah)

I will take a look at how the valign attribute is handled. Perhaps that will
give me additional insight.  Any additional guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lane.
On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 03:17:41PM -0300, Jose Eloi de Carvalho Jr wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Lane Stevens wrote:
>
> > How do I set the vertical alignment for table cells?  I have a two column
> > table and the cell contents are images of different heights.  I would like
> > to center the images vertically, if possible.  Second choice would be to
> > align the cell contents at the top.  The default behavior seems to be to
> > align the contents of the cell at the bottom of the cell.
> >
> > My tools are openjade, nwalsh style sheets 1.70, pdfjadetex.

> 	 <title>TITLE</title>
> 	  <tgroup cols=5>
> 	    <thead>
> 		<entry>a</entry>
> 		<entry>b</entry>
> 	    </thead>
> 		<tbody>
> 			<row>
> 			 <entry valign=middle>c</entry>
> 			 <entry>d</entry>
> 			</row>
> 		</tbody>
> 	  </tgroup>
>
> Attribute name "valign" => bottom, middle or top

Lane Stevens
Terrapin Technologies, Inc.
http://www.cycletime.com