Re: (dsssl) Newbie: Mathematical stuff (fonts, symbols, equations...)

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Newbie: Mathematical stuff (fonts, symbols, equations...)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 22:04:32 +0100
> There's supposed to be a way to integrate MathML into DocBook, and that
> might be a good example.  Unfortunately I've never sorted out how to get
> all of the pieces working.

so long as you're using an XML flavoured docbook, then adding the MathML
DTD ought to be a simple matter of deciding which elements you want to
allow to contain the MathML <math> element and then adding math to the
appropriate parameter entity, then including the docbook and MathML
DTD's via SYSTEM entities.

Of course that only means that a docbook+mathml document validates,
getting a working production system that does the right thing with the
various elements might be harder, but as I say the dsssl sheets I did
when I first started looking at MathML may be of use. I've not really
kept them up to date as I've been using XSL rather more than Dsssl of
late.

David