(dsssl) multi paragraph-break problem

Subject: (dsssl) multi paragraph-break problem
From: Steve Oney <soney@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:27:46 -0400
I am trying to generate an RTF file using openjade 1.3
I have a sgml file with some data that looks like
---------
---------

The rtf file that is generated looks like this
---------
Tu ich Wunder auch.
Material and Methods
---------

I want it to look like
---------
Tu ich Wunder auch.

Material and Methods
---------

I have tried the following in the dsssl style sheet
---------
(element BR
   (make paragraph-break)
)
---------
I have also tried
---------
(element BR
  (make display-group
    (empty-sosofo)))
---------

If you look at the rtf with a text editor you see
---------
\par Tu ich Wunder auch.
\par }{\b\fs16\lang1024\langfe1024\noproof Material and Methods
---------

It seems to ignore the second <BR> and not generate a second
paragraph-break.
Is there some way I force it to generate the second paragraph-break?
Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Steven Oney
soney@xxxxxxx