(dsssl) Unicode input transforms into 0 kB Files - ASCI works fine

Subject: (dsssl) Unicode input transforms into 0 kB Files - ASCI works fine
From: "Lutz Pliske" <pliske@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 17:32:05 +0200
Hi all,

bare with me, this probably is absolut beginners stuff:

I am using Jade for SGML to HTML transformations.
The SGML-Files are in Unicode. When I transform the files they end up as
0 kB Files.
When I open the SGML-Filesand save them as asci, the HTML-output is
perfect.

I was searching for some kind of paramter using jade, an Error of the
SGML-declaration or something but when I read the following I thought
that there might be another problem I don´t know about.

"Jade ignores the SP_CHARSET_FIXED and SP_SYSTEM_CHARSET environment
variables and always uses Unicode as its internal character set, as if
SP_CHARSET_FIXED was 1 and SP_SYSTEM_CHARSET was unset. Thus only the
SP_ENCODING environment variable is relevant to Jade's handling of
character sets."

Thanks for any help

Lutz