Re: (dsssl) OpenJade 1.3 compile error

Subject: Re: (dsssl) OpenJade 1.3 compile error
From: "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 00:41:24 -0700
At 20:00 23-09-2001, Carlos Villegas wrote:
Try removing the duplicate definition from parser_inst.cxx. The *_inst.cxx are explicity template instantiations. Depending on your compiler and platform some jade types map to the same C++ primitive type and the script that generate the instantiation files is not very smart. So sometimes you get two definitions like Vector<Char> and Vector<unsigned short>, where Char is defined as unsigned short and hence the error. It may be possible to fix the build process, but last time I just manually removed all duplicate instantiations.

Thanks, Carlos. I had tried that earlier this weekend and it did the trick.

The question then, is why is it in there? Is there any compiler that needs it? If not, could we nuke it? Or add more careful ifdefs? Sourceforge folk, are you listening?

Thanks,
Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, Principal Consultant, HMM Consulting Int'l, Inc.