Re: (dsssl) XML Document used by DSSSL

Subject: Re: (dsssl) XML Document used by DSSSL
From: jany.quintard@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:12:08 +0200 (MEST)
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Patrick M Doane wrote:

> I don't fully understand the details, but I find the following command
> line works for me:
>
>   openjade -t rtf -d xxx.dsl xml.dcl yyy.xml
>
> I believe that including the 'xml.dcl' file after specifying the .dsl file
> instructs Jade to use regular SGML rules when reading the stylesheet, but
> XML rules for the source document.
Actually, it is before the document so the parser can loot at the DTD and
markup knowing what it is going to meet.
It will improve the process anyway.

> On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 bschanck@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I have used DSSSL to create RTF files using SGML source documents.  I am
> > .../...
> > formed) and SGML version of DSSSL DTDs it converts.  The problem is JADE
> > does not recognize which attributes are IDs and IDREFs.
> >
> > Therefore, my ultimate question is can JADE and DSSSL be used to generate
> > RTF from XML source data.
Yes. Remember that after all, even with all the fuss made around it, XML
is SGML. There is even a tutorial by
Daniel German which uses Jade and an XML file to produce RTF files

http://csgrs6k1.uwaterloo.ca/~dmg/dsssl/tutorial/tutorial.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/dssslGerman.html

Have fun. Jany

     Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author
           and do not necessarily represent those of IBM.