Re: (dsssl) DocBook to HTML - customize dsssl

Subject: Re: (dsssl) DocBook to HTML - customize dsssl
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02 Oct 2001 07:53:04 -0400
/ curt brune <curt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
| a browser makes the cell contents appear bold.  I would **like** to change
| the background color of the header row ( or the individual header cells ).
| The machinery that generates a table (in dbtable.dsl) and processes the
| cells is quite complex -- It's not clear to me where I would modify the
| dsssl.

It's pretty hairy. Your best bet is to copy $process-row$ into your
customization layer and add the attributes you want to the generated
TR.

| That's my specific question.  The more general question is how to set the
| I said I new to this.

Copy the construction rule that generates the wrapper you want to
change and tweak it to suit your taste.

| I could envision a somewhat "tortured" method where I also specify a .css
| and assign classes to various elements, but that seems like mixing two
| kinds of stylesheets. yuck.  Anyone been down this road?

Actually, most of the class attributes you need are probably already
generated by the stylesheets. If you don't mind that the behavior
may not be implemented in some browsers, I think CSS is fine.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx> | Life is an irritation--Tucker Case