Re: (dsssl) newbie coding question

Subject: Re: (dsssl) newbie coding question
From: Trent Shipley <tcshipley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:46:30 -0700
> By the way, you can also use element rules to check for
> ancestors...
>
> (element (note paragraph) (some-function))
>
> will evaluate some-function only if the parent of paragraph is note.

I didn't think you can use this sort of construct to check for ancestors,
just parents ... at least not without node regular expressions, and OpenJade
doesn't have node regular expresions.  In XPointer-speak I need:

(element (note//paragraph) (some-function))

but "note//paragraph" is not accessible.

[Of course given LISP verb, subject, object grammar that should be
(element (// note paragraph) (return-some-value))
]