Re: (dsssl) Practical Bibliography question

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Practical Bibliography question
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:51:11 +0100

See http://www.tei-c.org/Software/

 > Mostly because I don't know what I'm doing, and there are no DSSSL
 > textbooks.
lots of Lisp textbooks, though, and thats the big learning point (IMHO)

 > A) Enumerate only those notes with an attribute type of "general"
 >
 > I couldn't find an example of how to do this so I just hide all the notes
 > that tell me to double check spelling and so on with a
 > <!ELEMENT % comment "IGNORE> toggle.

um, I cant remember how to do it in DSSSL, but surely someone on this
list knows?

 > What would be involved in converting to
 > TEI --> XSLT(TEI) --> :fo --> (steps)* --> ps|pdf

I am biased, because I do this most days of the week:-}

 TEI XML    ->  XSL FO  ->   PDF

where (a) is an XSLT processor and my TEI FO stylesheets, and b) is a
a special version of TeX which parses XSL FO (see material on TEI web
site)

I fear we are going off-topic for a DSSSL list, though!

sebastian