Re: (dsssl) Practical Bibliography question

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Practical Bibliography question
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:12:17 +0100
Trent Shipley writes:
 > 1.1 Citations occur in the text in the <bibl> tag.
 > The children of <bibl> occur in no particular order an can be mixed with
 > PCDATA.

Sorry, I part company with you at this early stage. My in-text
citation would be a <ref type="bib"> which pointed at a
<biblStruct>. Or possibly a <ptr type="bib">, and I'd go with a
bibTeX-like approach which constructed the intext citation from first
principles.

I think you are making life more difficult than it has to be. I think
you need to decide whether you are writing a thesis, or doing research
into bibliography formatting.

Sebastian