(dsssl) Double-dash sign and TeX backend

Subject: (dsssl) Double-dash sign and TeX backend
From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:44:32 +0200
I just wrote the FAQ for the fr.comp.lang.ada newsgroup using DocBook
(<URL:http://www.rfc1149.net/fcla/) which allows me to offer it in a
variety of formats.

However, I have a problem with Ada comments. Those comments are led by a
double-dash sign such as:

  A := 3;    -- Assigns the value 3 to the A variable

Using the TeX backend with DSSSL renders it as in TeX, that is a longer
dash. Is there a way to get the right result both in HTML and in TeX? A
possible solution would be to render '-' as '{-}'. Is this doable with
a customization stylesheet or do I have to patch the DSSSL modular print
stylesheet or even openjade?

Thanks in advance. I am using openjade 1.3.1 and modular stylesheets 1.73.

  Sam