Re: (dsssl) raw text

Subject: Re: (dsssl) raw text
From: Trent Shipley <tcshipley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:16:10 -0700
On Friday 12 October 2001 02:24, you wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 11:18:51PM -0700, Trent Shipley wrote:
> > Is it possible to build a dvi to text engine?  (Does one exist already?)
> >
> > What applications would there be for a dvi2text translator?
>
> dvi2tty for example

dvi2tty could hardly be more satisfactory.

    The fact that it is not unicode aware is just an excuse to get more
acquainted with dvi and the dvi2tty source code in that mythic time I call
"post-dissertation".

(((
Against that are there any non-obvious dvi documentation or other resources
that someone hacking dvi2tty should be aware of?
)))