Re: (dsssl) The future of DSSSL

Subject: Re: (dsssl) The future of DSSSL
From: "Christof Drescher" <drescher.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:59:42 +0100
Hi,

I'd like to see a change away from a single-build C++ monster application
OpenJade towars a modularized system, allowing to split the several
"separate" parts like backends, extensions etc. from the core system and to
put a flexible and powerful interface inbetween.

This would make development much easier, e.g. simply change a backend
side-effect free, using different patched backends for special purposes, and
allowing the several coders to focus on their parts. For instance, I myself
am not too bad in understanding PDF and layout problems, but I don't have
the time to get into the coding stuff of OpenJade at all... The same applies
to much RTF processing, as was seen on the list. Could be the same with some
layout extensions, e.g. a special page-sequence layout scheme which could
process footnotes properly. :-)

Read ya,
Christof