Re: (dsssl) rules in headers/footers

Subject: Re: (dsssl) rules in headers/footers
From: curt brune <curt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 09:08:07 -0800
I'm targeting the tex backend (ultimately to make pdf).  I am trying to use
this construct for a horizontal rule in the footer:

(define (page-center-footer gi)
    (make rule
      orientation: 'horizontal
      line-thickness: 0.5pt
      keep-with-next?: #t)
  )

But I get this error message:

      flow object not accepted by port; only inline flow objects accepted

Is there a way to "wrap" the rule inside another flow object that
will be accepted by the port?  Or do I need to change the port somehow to
accept the rule?  (Aside question is there a clear reference of all the
flow object types, which ones are inline flow objects, what ports
expect, etc? )

Additionally I would like some text to appear beneath the rule.  Naively I
tried:

(define (page-center-footer gi)
    (make rule
      orientation: 'horizontal
      line-thickness: 0.5pt
      keep-with-next?: #t)
    (literal "For internal use only")
  )

Finally I do not understand your comment below, "Who said a rule had to be
displayed?" .  In what sense do you mean displayed?  I do want the rule to
be displayed on my final pdf document...

I do appreciate your time spent reading my questions.

Cheers,
Curt

--

Curt Brune